Company of Strangers
A look into the inspiration behind what Sara Aspinall, designer of the much-loved label, Company of Strangers, told Thread in a Q and A, and her inspiration image behind the AW13 collection about to be revealed at NZFW 2012…
Thread did a Q and A with some fave designers, to give you a sneak peek pre-Fashion Week.
Here’s what Sara Aspinall, designer of the much-loved label, Company of Strangers, told Thread, and pictured left, is her inspiration image behind the AW13 collection about to be revealed at NZFW 2012.
From: Sara Aspinall – Company of Strangers
* What’s in store from your new collection?
A clashing of pop colours to brighten up winter, lots of leather of course !
* Are you building on your signature look, or have you got some surprises up your sleeve for us this season?
We are always continuing on our signature themes and silhouettes – those skinny leather pants- but there’s always a surprise in there somewhere!
* Who is the customer you are designing for this winter?
The same one we design for always, ourselves and our friends! I don’t like to design for one person, there is no perfect figure, and no two people are the same, so when we are making we are always considering “if I had hips/stomach/want to hide my arms/taller/shorter how would this look?”
* Who’s in your team this season?
Amelia Hope, Diane Rohtmets, Charlotte Rust (stylist), Ciel PR.
* What are a couple of directions from the makeup brief?
Strong eyebrows, clean skin.
* Tell us the things you can’t cope in the lead up to NZFW without.
28 Black energy drinks, coffee, laughing really loud and saying really stupid stupid things so we get hysterical.
* 140 characters you’d like the front row fashion media to tweet?
OMG Company of Strangers is so amazeballs you should go find a stockist and put it all over you NOW!
27 August 2012
R O C H E L L E Renewal Collection at NZ Fashion WeekSeptember 6th, 2016
Andrea Moore – No Guts No Glory SS 16August 30th, 2016
Kharl-William Wirepa brings a regal touchAugust 28th, 2016
Carena West swimwear – backstage and runwayAugust 28th, 2016
Here comes the brideAugust 27th, 2016